Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beef Stew



Let me just start of by saying, I love my love my slow cooker. It really is one of the greatest small kitchen appliances since you throw everything in and it does the rest of the work for you. One thing I do need to buy is a slow cooker recipe book so that I can get more ideas.

This is just a quick recipe I threw together since I knew I would be getting home later than usual one night. It was super quick and with some corn bread on the side its the perfect meal.

  • 1 lb stew meat

  • 2 cups carrots, chopped

  • 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped

  • 2 cups potatoes, chopped (you can leave the skin on or peel it off)

  • 3 cups beef broth

  • 1/2 cup red wine

  • 2 tbsp. tomato paste

  • 1 tsp. kosher salt

  • 2 tsp. black pepper

  • 1 tsp. thyme

  • 2 bay leaves



In crock pot, place carrots, onions, potatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, salt, pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Mix together. Turn crockpot on low.

In a skillet with a little oil, cook meat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add meat to crockpot.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low. For the last 30 minutes before serving, turn on high.

No comments: