Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

As everyone is coming up with resolutions for the 2009 year, I have decided to post a few of my own.

1. As with probably 95% of the rest of the US -- I want to focus on eating healthier. Not so much cutting foods out of my diet as much as adding more good foods into it. My goal for the year is to eat more vegetables and whole-grains, as well as eating small snacks in the day so that I am not starving by the time lunch or dinner rolls around (i.e. feeling like I need to eat a cow by 5pm to fill me up).

2. Read a book every week or so. At my last count, I have about 20 unread books sitting on my shelf ... not because I never read but because I probably buy 2 or 3 new books for each one I finish reading. Part 2 of this resolution comes with no new book purchases until I am down to less than 10 unread books. Looks like no Borders or Barnes&Noble until March or April :(

3. Remember to take pictures of the foods I make so that I can post them on this blog! This past Fall I was super busy and not only was I not doing a lot of cooking, but I was also not taking pictures of the few things I did make.

4. Make at least one new recipe a week from the many cookbooks I received as Christmas presents. I will also do a few quick cookbook reviews on here and give some raves to my favorite chefs.

Along with many other "resolution-worthy" changes I should make, I have decided to keep my list to under 5 this year in the hope that I can actually accomplish these things through out 2009 -- post updates will follow with how I am coming along :)

Happy 2009!!

No comments: