Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chex Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow)




My boyfriend asked me the other day why I haven't made puppy chow lately and I gave him this clueless look like what the heck is puppy chow? Opps... didn't realize that Puppy Chow and Chex Muddy Buddies are the same. No matter what its called though this snack is amazing and is a perfect little treat without having to break out the ice cream or cookies. I basically follow the recipe so I will post it below... if you want the exact one check out the Chex website.

  • 9 cups Rice Chex

  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)

  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I use the one with less fat)

  • 1/4 cup butter (I get away with only 2 tbsp.)

  • Powdered Sugar

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips, peanut butter, and butter until smooth and creamy (I pop it in for 30-45 seconds, stir it, and then go in 10-15 second increments until its done). Stir in the vanilla.

In a large ziploc bag, pour in the rice chex. Add the chocolate mixture and zip bag closed. Toss the chex and chocolate around until evenly coated. Add powdered sugar, zip, and toss around until evenly coated. (I add the sugar in 1/2 cup increments until it gets to be sugary enough for me ... I'm not even sure exactly what measurement it is).

Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and cool. Store in an airtight container or clean ziplock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy...I've never heard of it before by either name.